NEEDED CANDIDATES FOR VOLUNTEER JOB AT WAR CHILD AMSTERDAM
We are collaborating and recruiting candidates for a job at War Child in Amsterdam for the project ‘Can’t Wait to Learn’.
Do you have teaching experience with at least 3 years at an elementary school? Than we are looking for you for a paid job at a great organisation!
Can’t Wait to Learn (CWtL) proposes new cost-effective solutions to the urgent challenges facing education for children in emergencies. By utilising innovative technological solutions with a focus on serious gaming, CWtL builds on concepts which have been successfully piloted in Sudan.
Can’t Wait to Learn has the potential to provide out-of-school children with access to education opportunities, especially in rural areas where no formal schools exist. The programme uses education technology as part of a model of education which is offering certified curriculum level content through applied gaming and personalised pupil engagement. The programme uses a range of innovative, results focused approaches: combining context specific applied gaming and community-based facilitation instead of waiting for formal schools to be built; a strong innovation management staged approach to growth with rigorous appropriate research; and focusing on getting the right partnerships in place.
Purpose of the volunteer job:
War Child is developing content for a literacy game targeted at children in several countries in the Middle East and North Africa.
The candidate will provide advice to a multi-disciplinary team working on the development of the game. The Arabic Language Teaching – Consultant will not provide direct lessons to students. S/he provides support on issues related to the Arabic content of the game and adapting syllabi for lessons in line with curricula of the Ministries of Education in the project countries.
Position within the programme:
The Arabic teacher will report directly to the Programme Manager – Can’t Wait to Learn based in Amsterdam. The Arabic Language Teaching – Consultant works closely with the game development team in the Netherlands and maintains a strong link with the Arabic Editor.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
– provide part-time support;
– Demonstrate initiative and creative thinking to support the development of the literacy content of Can’t Wait to Learn game for multiple Arabic-speaking contexts;
– Support the game development team in creating syllabi for Arabic lessons in line with curriculum of the Ministry of Education in the target country Maintain openness to new methods of teaching;
– Observe cultural appropriateness of game content according to target country and advise the team accordingly;
– Apply previous teaching experience to the development of the game- ie. tips and tricks, methods to engage students and stimulate curiosity.
Required skills and experience:
– BA in Arabic language and literature with at least 3 years of teaching qualification;
– Experience in delivering language acquisition classes to primary school students (1st- 6th grade);
– Experience in providing Arabic language to native Arabic students preferably in the Middle East/ Levant;
– Experience in creating and evaluating assessments of students’ work;
– Experience in using teaching methods that engage students and stimulate curiosity;
– Ability to work towards objectives and deadlines;
– Arabic native speaker with a working knowledge of English;
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
– you have your status and preferably live in Amsterdam.
Interested? Please send your CV to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also identify if you have your status, your Dutch language level, and gemeente!